This is a high production and analytical role. A successful Title Searcher will be able to learn multiple municipalities, client, and system requirements; this role requires an individual who is resourceful and capable of being adaptable to change. This person will be responsible for searching for and obtaining title documents, real estate and tax records, and compiling an inclusive list of mortgages and other pertinent documents.
- Search multiple online sites and databases to obtain title documents
- Examine lot books, geographic and general indices, and assessor’s rolls to compile list of transactions
- Summarize legal, tax, and/or insurance documents
- Compile lists of mortgages, contracts, and other instruments pertaining to chain of title by searching public and private records for law firms, real estate agencies, or title insurance companies
- Search, analyze, and evaluate records relating to titles of homes, land, and buildings
- Ensure that the title to a property in question has no restrictions that may prevent or hinder its sale or use
- Examine deeds, deeds of trust, liens, judgments, easements, and plats/maps to determine ownership, encumbrances, and to verify legal descriptions of property
- Prepare property reports and title commitments
- Analyze chain of title and preparation of reports outlining title-related matters
- Perform other duties as required and assigned
- Knowledge of property index, general index, liens, and encumbrances
- Experience in applications such as DataTrace, Datatree, SoftPro, AtClose, TitlePoint, Netronline, etc.
- Proficient typing skills
- Strong initiative, passion, and enthusiasm for achieving success
- Self-motivated, resourcefulness, and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent time management skills and proven ability to multi-task competing priorities
- Ability to learn and maintain knowledge of multiple tools and systems
The job is Bangalore based and candidates and are expected to work from the office.